Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Diagonalomo

Today was my first class in Athens, OH. It was a long drive there and back (over 3 hours altogether), but the city was AMAZING and my B/W Photography class was great. I'm very excited about this particular class. As of tomorrow, I will (hopefully-- VERY hopefully since I'll need it the next day) own a Nikon 35 mm film camera. EEEE!

Okay, enough with the fangirl squealing. On to the photos!

The daily challenge was to make a photograph today with a diagonal line leading the viewer's eye through the composition. Since I was in such a beautiful city, I took photos there. And, being in a strange mood, I decided to try out a sort of vintage lomo look. This is what I got.


Technically, the challenge photo.

and my personal favorite of the day


I rather like the lomo look, but it's definitely not for everything. What do you think?

3 comments:

Sandra said...

What do I think?
I love it. I want to know what the Lomo look is and how I can duplicate it!
Beautiful images. My personal favorite is the second one because you captured a moment, there's movement in the image.
I love them all actually.
Lucky lady you
Let me know how the camera purchase goess. Excited for you.
You are going to learn so much about the numbers in that class.

xolexo said...

Yay! I'm so glad you like it. If you're interested in the lomo look, this is a great thread from DPS: http://www.digital-photography-school.com/how-to-make-digital-photos-look-like-lomo-photography

It's not what I used because I have OnOne software that helps me out, but it's extremely close. The difference between theirs and mine can quickly be made up for by adding a dark red layer over the image, setting it to Lighten, and lowering the opacity until it looks right. :D

Thank you! I had a whole set of those but that was my favorite (of the awning photos) as well. The others looked too stiff.

I'll be sure to let you know! :) Can't wait to see what I learn in this class.

Sandra said...

I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the link.