Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Woo and Woe

Woo:

This morning, I learned that another of my photos is a finalist in a Photographer's Forum contest and therefore will be published. I'm just as excited about it as I was last time, as this time the photo was even more personal. I'll find out by Aug. 15th whether or not it made it any further.
The Finalist


Woe:

I have some of the most sociopathic best friends on the planet. How about a "congratulations" or something? Of course, I'm probably being oversensitive because that is what I do. I don't know. It would just be nice to think for a moment that my closest friends gave a damn.


What You're Here For:

Completely coincidentally, I had planned to do a self-portrait today since it's been so long. There was a tutorial in Rangefinder Magazine on doing a model's makeup to accentuate the shadows and highlights in her face, so I tried it out. It definitely didn't turn out flawless, but I tried my best. Cosmetology was never my strong suit. LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay congratulations ( I know I'm about a month late)
Alexis this is beautiful! You are beautiful.
I know I'm due for a selfie but I don't have it in me yet. LOL

xolexo said...

Haha! It's alright. You were the only person who showed any enthusiasm for me when I got to tell you (like, the day after I posted this LOL.) Thank you for that!
And thanks for the compliment. -blush- :D
Get it in ya, lady! You should share your beauty with the world more. <3